“Kharkov Women’s Association “Sphere” is a Ukrainian public organization founded in 2006 by an initiative group of women. In 2008, it was registered in the register of non-profit organizations and in 2017 it successfully passed the re-registration in accordance with the current legislation of Ukraine.
The organization unites women regardless of age, marital status, origin, sexual orientation, religious, political and other beliefs. In fact, PO “Sphere” is a lesbian-feminist organization.
Our Mission: creating opportunities for women in various spheres of public life and professional activities in Ukraine and the world by promoting the development of women’s potential in general and strengthening the influence of every woman and women’s communities in society.
Priority directions of work:
- promoting the idea of equal rights and opportunities for women in all spheres of public life;
- implementation of educational activities in the field of human rights, gender equality, diversity of sexual, gender and other identities;
- promoting the integration of homosexual and bisexual women and communities into society;
- creation of conditions for social, economic, professional, creative, age, cultural, sporting and personal development of each woman and women’s communities.
You can know us on such projects:
- The Women’s Solidarity Week.
Annual social and educational project dedicated to the problem of gender inequality in Ukraine and the development of the women’s movement for their rights and freedoms. The project is organized by the “Sphere” and implemented by various Kharkov women with the support of the Representation of the Heinrich Böll Foundation in Ukraine. It has been held for three years in a row (2015, 2016, 2017). Includes lectures, discussions, film screenings, a feminist tattoo marathon, as well as march March on 8 streets of city.
- QueerHome Kharkiv.
Community center for LGBT + people in Kharkov in 2015-2017, organized by the Gay-Alliance Ukraine. The Sphere team took an active part in organizing the center’s work and conducting educational, mobilization and entertainment events for the Kharkov LGBT + community.
- Flashmob #KharkivForAll.
It was organized and implemented by the “Sphere” in support of the visibility of LGBT +. The action was attended by about 30 leaders of public opinion in Kharkov.
Join us in social networks!
Photo by Ekaterina Vlasenko